Hi Emmanuel,

Am Donnerstag, dem 26.01.2023 um 17:17 +0100 schrieb Emmanuel Bourg:
> Hi all,
>
> I've been working on Kotlin lately, trying to make it build with OpenJDK
> 17
> only, and hopefully have it included in Bookworm.
>
> Long story short, after days banging my head on this issue, I don't
> think
> it's possible.

[...]

I have come to the same conclusion. Your recent commitment to make this all
work with OpenJDK 17 gave me hope but it shouldn't be I guess.

> How do you feel about allowing openjdk-8 in testing/bookworm with a
> clear
> mention in the release notes that it's only there for technical reasons
> and
> we make no commitment about its support?

I think this is the only possible solution at the moment. We make it clear that
openjdk-8 is not supported in any way and will not receive any security
updates. We probably need to update the package description and should mention
this clearly in the release notes too. In that case I don't see any objections
from neither the release or security team.

Regards,

Markus