Hey all,

I've recently been looking at using Kmail (1.5.3) as my email client,
in addition to Mutt.  But, I'm having difficulty fitting Kmail into my
PC's email system.  I use Exim for transfer and delivery and Maildrop
for delivery/filtering, and Fetchmail to get mail.

It's taken a some experimenting, but I found a way to make it all work
for me; mostly.  Essentially, I've configured Kmail for sending email
and I have no Recieving accounts configured.  That way, my inbox
doesn't get corrupted everytime I recieve email (see
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=130346).  This setup
is working nicely for me.  I can view email from Mutt and Kmail;
changes to maildirs are seen by both clients;  and, I can send email
from both clients.

However, I cannot see where new messages have arrived in Kmail until I
select a mailbox.  Is there some way of getting Kmail to do mailbox
checks for new messages periodically while remaining open?

thanks,
jc

--
Jeff Coppock            Systems Engineer
Diggin' Debian          Admin and User