On 07/23/2015 11:29 AM, Alan Ezust wrote:
I have a weird problem with KDE Plasma right now. I'm using kubuntu vivid.
sorry if I need to post to a  kubuntu form and not here.

KDE programs crash or do not work properly if i use one particular login,
but I can not reproduce these issues with a newly created user and KDE
settings.

I first cleared a lot of stuff out of ~/.kde/share/config including plasma*.
Later, I tried renaming the .kde directory to something else. Still the
problem persists.

Here are the symptoms.

I run Qt Assistant  and hit Ctrl+F: I get an error dialog:
    Ambiguous Key Assignment exists. Please configure your shortcuts.

I go to "System Settings - Shortcuts"
   I try to redefine Ctrl-F and the shortcut configure window crashes.

ALso, I invoke certain shortcuts from Konsole that used to work (Ctr+PgUp
and Ctrl+PgDn) and now they cause the Konsole window to crash.

These symptoms happened after a recent upgrade to KDE5.

Alan, Debian testing and unstable does not yet have a complete plasma5 desktop, so I can't help you with that. Arch Linux seems to be the goto place for help with plasma5, you may want to go here and look at the section on trouble shooting: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/KDE

As far as the Konsole goes, that should be 'shift+page up/down', I hope that helps.
--
Jimmy Johnson

Debian - Wheezy - KDE 4.8.4 - AMD64 - EXT4 at sda22
Registered Linux User #380263