On 08/07/2015 03:10 PM, Facundo Aguilera wrote:
On Tue, Jul 28, 2015 at 5:29 PM, Facundo Aguilera <budin...@gmail.com> wrote:
Problems with nvidia too.

I've been studding this and got plasma 5 to kind of work, it seems the
nvidia driver will not work using plasma 5 with opengl or xrender, why I
have no idea, do you?  Nvidia works with Sid and kde 4.

Plasma 5 works with the nouveau driver but only in xrender, crashes using
opengl. Also I have two monitors and I'm unable to save my monitor settings,
having to setup monitors on each boot. I'm willing to try different ideas to
fix these problems if there is a developer working on this with some ideas
for me to try?

sddm works here with the nvidia driver, but also changes the screen
resolution (uses 1024x768 instead of 1440x900) and is very slow to
start. With kdm the screen resolution is not changed and startup speed
is normal.

Plasma 5 also starts with the 1024x768 resolution. It is working with
the nvidia driver by changing to xrender in the kwinrc file. OpenGL
2.0 is unstable and OpenGL 3.1 is very slow (for example, it takes
about 5 min to show the systemsettings window). I'm also unable so
save the monitor resolution.

Testing a little more, I found that nvidia driver (legacy-304xx)  is
working with the EGL OpenGL interface. GLX is not working with plasma
5. The other problems disappeared, I don't know why...

I also use the nvidia-304 driver.

For a few days now "plasma-desktop" has NOT been installable, it can currently be installed.."kde-plasma-desktop" is NOT currently installable.

sda15=Sid, kdm, nvidia, xfce..no problems.
sda14=Sid, sddm, nvidia, plasma-desktop..black screen after login.
sda13=Sid, sddm, nouveau, plasma-desktop..black screen after login.

All systems are fully up-to-date with no orphan packages.

I wish the best to KDE-Development they have taken on an enormous project and I will assist anyway I can, just ask.
--
Jimmy Johnson

Debian - Sid - Xfce 4.12 - AMD64 - EXT4 at sda15
Registered Linux User #380263