On 12/12/2015 11:52 PM, Luc Castermans wrote:
Op 13-12-15 om 04:25 schreef Jimmy Johnson:

I always had bad experience with the free nvidia drivers. I always used
the drivers from nvidia.

Thanks for getting me to try the driver again, it's working with
xrender, but sddm is being weird, it's losing mouse focus, I have to
click in the box to enter my password, I didn't have to do that with
the debian driver.

At the moment I have a Radeon HD 8670D card in my PC.  Also I need to
click to enter a password.
I believe (1)  this behaviour should not depend on the driver and (2)
this is the default behaviour of SDDM

Yes you are right it should have nothing to do with the driver you have installed, but since testing plasma it has so far been the case, there is a big difference if you have the 'Nouveau' or 'Nvidia' driver installed with the Nouveau driver SDDM dose not lose focus and I do not have to click in the box to enter my password, this I have tested on 2 Stretch and my other Sid system and loosing mouse focus has not been a problem with SDDM, I have 4 upstream plasma systems. Currently I'm going to keep the Nvidia Driver installed on the one Sid system because outside of loosing focus on SDDM it other wise seems to be working, but I need to spend more time with it.
--
Jimmy Johnson

Debian Sid - KDE-Plasma 5.4.1 - AMD64 - EXT4 at sda14
Registered Linux User #380263