On Dienstag, 5. September 2017 01:00:03 CEST Miguel A. Vallejo wrote:
> > Which is why I asked if you had upgraded that recently.
>
> Thank for your comments Allan
>
> I noticed the problem in the very first boot with Qt 5.9.1, as soon as
> I opened Dolphin. I don't know if freetype was also upgraded or not at
> that moment. I remember an upgrade to libfreetype6 some weeks ago that
> also broke my font rendering. I solved it adding
> FREETYPE_PROPERTIES="truetype:interpreter-version=35" as commented in
> this bug report:

That was the issue I was thinking off, but if you already solved that, I don't
think there is a new one yet.

> It worked nice and fonts were rendered again as they should be but
> with Qt 5.9.1 I noticed those particular texts in Qt programs (which
> seems have bold property enabled) are rendered in a bad form.
> Everything else in Qt programs is rendered as expected. GTK programs
> are not affected at all.

What Qt 5.9 does is setting the freetype property cff:no-stem-darkening to 0,
where it normally defaults to 1. You can try adding "cff:no-stem-darkening=1"
to FREETYPE_PROPERTIES, but I am no sure the environment variable will win. If
that does nothing, you could debug the issue for me by instead adding "cff:no-
stem-darkening=0" to FREETYPE_PROPERTIES and see if that makes non-Qt
application exhibit the same rendering issue.

'Allan