Hi Sandro,

I started my question from pure engineering background and interest, as I
like to understand the situation.

Your answer triggered 2 questions/observations:
- ratio of #packages / #packagers
- what is KDE?

Answering the last: for me KDE is Qt, Frameworks and Plasma.    Krita, etc.
I'd exclude from it.
But only Qt, Frameworks and Plasma consists of 300+ packages (I counted
using https://kdesrc-build.kde.org/ ) and
could show the effort involved
for KDE compared to other packages.

Give the above ratio for KDE I wonder if/how further automation could help
to reduce manual effort. Another alternative I could see is to change
upstream to release Debian packages straight away.  But I guess this idea
is not new.

Regards,

Luc

--