Control: retitle -1 linux-image-3.16.0-4-amd64: Keyspan USB serial adapter
USA-49WLC failed to load firmware
Control: tag -1 moreinfo

On Sun, 2016-07-31 at 00:16 -0700, Chris Rhodin wrote:
> Subject: linux-image-3.16.0-4-amd64: Keyspan USB serial adapter USA-
> 49WLC failed to load firmware
> Package: src:linux
> Version: 3.16.7-ckt25-2+deb8u3
> Severity: normal
> Tags: upstream
>
> Dear Maintainer,
>
> The Keyspan USB serial adapter USA-49WLC fails to load firmware and
> will not work.  This device is based on an older generation
> Cypress EZ-USB FX (CY7C64613-80NC).  The firmware fails to load when
> the device is attached.  While searching for an answer I found
> the problem may stem from a non-standard implementation of the
> firmware loading commands.  Earlier versions of the kernel
> (pre-Wheezy) did work with this device.  I have tried but have been
> unable to locate the change in the USB code taht causes this
> failure.
[...]

Is the firmware actually installed?  (It should be
/lib/firmware/keyspan/usa49wlc.fw, I think.)  We don't distribute
firmware for this device as it's not clear that we have permission to
do so.

Ben.

--

Ben Hutchings
Sturgeon's Law: Ninety percent of everything is crap.