Hello

> > > Version: 4.3.36-dfsg-1+deb8u1
> > > Severity: grave

> > > Justification: renders package unusable

>Every module source package gets broken by kernel API changes, so>logically we
>should do this for all of them rather than just
>virtualbox-dkms.  But have you seen how many of them there are?  This
>is not practical.
>
>(Also, it's the linux-headers-* packages that are incompatible, not the
>linux-image-* packages.)

Ubuntu has a nice way to handle this: each kernel upload, triggers
the autopkgtestsuite, that is basically a build of reverse-dkms kernel modules,
and
can't migrate until they are hinted/fixed.

I use this as a way to keep vbox in sync with the kernel sources.
(you might want to steal the autopkgtestsuite from Ubuntu, britney ignores
the results, but they will appear anyway in PTS)

G.