Hi,

yesterday, we had maintenance day and wanted to upgrade our Ganeti clusters.

Our Ganeti clusters use KVM and libvirt.
Clusters running with Debian/stretch were not affected whereas clusters running
Debian/jessie failed reproducible when starting more than 2 Ganeti instances.

First, we want to confirm this issue with linux-image-3.16.0-6-amd64.

We saw DRBD errors in our logs like...

drbdX: Discarding network configuration (X = Number of Ganeti instance)

As a workaround, we did a downgrade to the previous Debian-kernel release and
put it on hold:

root# echo linux-image-3.16.0-5-amd64 hold | dpkg --set-selections
root# echo linux-image-amd64 hold | dpkg --set-selections

root# dpkg --get-selections | grep hold
linux-image-3.16.0-5-amd64                      hold
linux-image-amd64                               hold

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
- Sedat -

[1]
https://www.mail-archive.com/debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org/msg1602078.html
[2]
https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/stable/linux-stable.git/log/?h=v3.16.56

--
Mit freundlichen Grüssen,
Sedat Dilek

Telefon: +49 2166 9901-153
E-Mail: sedat.di...@credativ.de
Internet: https://www.credativ.de/

GPG-Fingerprint: EA6D E17D D269 AC7E 101D C910 476F 2B3B 0AF7 F86B

credativ GmbH, Trompeterallee 108, 41189 Mönchengladbach
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Mönchengladbach, HR-Nummer: HRB 12080, UID-Nummer:
DE204566209

Jetzt neu:
Elephant Shed - PostgreSQL Appliance
PostgreSQL und alles was dazugehört

Von Backup über Monitoring bis Reporting:
https://elephant-shed.io/