On 2018-08-20, Vagrant Cascadian wrote:
> I can confirm this on several machines in the reproducible builds zoo,
> running linux-image-4.9.0-8-armmp-lpae version 4.9.110-3+deb9u3.
>
> What I've noticed is that machines running the "armmp" variant appear to
> be unaffected, all of the systems that failed were running the
> "armmp-lpae" variant.

If it matters, three imx6 and one exynos4 system running "armmp" seem to
work without problems.

The systems running "armmp-lpae" that are broken include exynos5,
rk3288, allwinner A20, and tegra124.

> Switching to linux-image-4.9.0-8-armmp kernel variant on an affected
> system appears to workaround the issue, or downgrading to
> linux-image-4.9.0-7-armmp-lpae.

Downgrading to the "armmp" variant didn't fully solve the issue; it
allowed the systems to boot, but they tended to eventually hang, just
much slower than when running an "armmp-lpae" variant.

live well,
  vagrant