On Tue, 2019-05-14 at 18:13 +0530, Ritesh Raj Sarraf wrote:
> On Tue, 2019-05-14 at 10:45 +0100, Ben Hutchings wrote:
> > > Irrespective, I think it is a fair candidate to be backported if
> > 4.19
> > > missed that window. For User-Mode-Linux, The sources are the same
> > that
> > > the Debian Linux kernel team maintains. So either they could pick
> > this
> > > commit as a patch  or else I'll try to look into it soon.
> > [...]
> >
> > Can you please send this request to sta...@vger.kernel.org as well?
>
> Thanks for the suggestion Ben.
>
> The fix for this bug is now queued for the 4.19 stable tree. So soon,
> this fix will show up in the Debian Linux kernel package too. That is
> when we can trigger a rebuild of user-mode-linux package and then mark
> this bug fixed.
>
> Debian Buster already has the dependency set correct to the 4.19
> kernel. Wishfully it would be much nicer if this whole process of the
> build could be automated to trigger periodically, or trigger on every
> upload of the linux-source package.

Does user-mode-linux need to be a separate source package at all?

It might be difficult to integrate it with the linux source package, as
we currently assume a strict separation between kernel and userland
binary packages, but it is probably possible to do.  Something to
consider for the bullseye release cycle.

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings
I haven't lost my mind; it's backed up on tape somewhere.