Control: reassign -1 src:kernel-package 13.018+nmu1
Control: retitle -1 kernel-common conflicts with current linux-base
Control: affects -1 linux-base

On Wed, 2019-12-25 at 03:06 +0100, Christoph Anton Mitterer wrote:
> Package: linux-base
> Version: 4.6
> Severity: grave
> Justification: renders package unusable
>

> Hi.
>
> Since last April, the package can't be upgraded as it conflicts with
> the current version of kernel-common.
>
> Would be nice if this could be resolved.
>
> Probably it's this change:
>   * Take over kernel-img.conf(5) manual page from kernel-common
>
>                                  ▒
>     (Closes: #925415)
>
>                                  ▒
> but then this should be reflected in kernel-common, or it should have
> been coordinated with its maintainer in the first place.

Manoj suggested that the kernel team should take over kernel-img.conf,
and I prepared updates to both linux-base and kernel-package (see <
https://salsa.debian.org/benh/kernel-package>).  However I never got a
response from him as to whether he or I should upload kernel-package.

I suppose I should just go ahead and do that now.

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings
It is easier to change the specification to fit the program