On 5/20/20 11:17 AM, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
> I don't see any discussion in this thread. I would like to know the reasoning
> why kernel upstream thinks that this naming inconsistency is correct. It
> makes no sense, in my opinion and it can potentially trigger more problems.

Ah, sorry. I was seeing the cached version of the thread, refreshing helped.

In any case, the SPARC kernel maintainer (Dave Miller) had the same argument
that it would potentially break existing setups but eventually I could
convince him that the change was right.

Not sure which distributions he has in mind.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz
: :' :  Debian Developer - glaub...@debian.org