I also have these messages but I think they are likely false
positives. There seems to be a lot of possibly misleading information
and advice on the internet about these warnings -- would love to her
your advice on this, but i think these are mostly false positives

* am i right in suspecting that these messages are often false positives?
* why is firmware for processors not present is being warned about?
* is there a way to suppress some of these warnings? (perhaps a
user-defined filter?)
* how do i tell which firmware my processor actually needs?

The longest and most plausible source i have found is [1] but it seems
to miss the point that there is no point installing firmware for a
skylake processor if you don't have one. It also recommends
downloading non-free blobs from intel which may not be the best
solution

[1]:
https://askubuntu.com/questions/832524/possible-missing-frmware-lib-firmware-i915