Hi Bernhard and thanks for the follow up.

I've not had anymore segfaults since reporting this issue last year.

I'd still go for the hypothesis of it being a xfce related issue which I linked too before:

This can be alleviated by installing packages without xfce running or by repackaging pre-built packages and removing .desktop files within those packages.

For me, this is certainly not a linux-image-amd64 bug.

Cheers
Paul.