tags 980205 moreinfo
thanks

> Yes.   brcm/brcmfmac43340-sdio.bin is not currently part of the package
> either, and I think there's no logic to copy .txt files even if they
> are present.

The file you mentioned is the ancient firmware that got updated with
the cypress one fixing amongst other things (CVE-2019-15126):

 Link: brcm/brcmfmac43340-sdio.bin -> ../cypress/cyfmac43340-sdio.bin

This symlink is inside of firmware-brcm80211_20210208-3_all.deb
(shipped in unstable and soon in testing).

Now the open question is which configuration file where you missing,
could you please post the error message of that?
Without the filename/path of the needed config this report will not
help to improve the firmware packages.

thank you + kind regards

--
maks