Control: Severity -1 normal

Ben Hutchings dijo [Fri, Apr 16, 2021 at 03:07:48PM +0200]:
> > During the boot process of the Raspberry Pi models 4 (4 and 8GB) and
> > p400, the console starts working correctly, but as the vc4 video gets
> > initialized, the console gets corrupted.
> [...]
>
> This is a known problem with the RPi 3/4 hardware:
>
> "In order to use the mini UART, you need to configure the Raspberry Pi
> to use a fixed VPU core clock frequency. This is because the mini UART
> clock is linked to the VPU core clock, so that when the core clock
> frequency changes, the UART baud rate will also change."
>
> (from
> <https://www.raspberrypi.org/documentation/configuration/uart.md>).

Ugh, great... FSVO.

I can confirm both force_turbo=1 and core_freq=250 worked for keeping
the serial port functioning after vc4 is loaded, but am still unsure
which should be enabled by default for our RPi4 users (I'd set it in
the raspi-firmware package).

In any case, I'm downgrading this bug to Normal, as it has a known
workaround, but if you don't disagree, I'd still regard to it as an
existing, open bug.

Thanks!