This could be changes to video drivers in the kernel. Please describe
your graphics card used.

Oops, I did intened to mention that. It's an Nvidia GeForce 6600GT 128MB (generic unbranded reference board).

Please try the following:
1) add "ramdisk = /usr/sbin/mkinitrd.yaird" to /etc/kernel-img.conf
2) make a backup of the initrd for your older working kernel
3) Run "dpkg-reconfigure <old kernel package>"
4) Reboot with older kernel

Now older kernel hits same problem. So I guess this is yaird problem then?

You can also try installing initramfs-tools, uninstalling yaird, run
"dpkg-reconfigure <new kernel package>" and reboot with new kernel.

Also has no video on boot.

Richard.