Source: linux
Followup-For: Bug #989010

How would YOU feel if a system upgrade destroyed an (old yet) perfectly working
piece of important hardware? What if it destroyed another piece of similar
hardware a few days later?
How would you feel if all those days you had no support or feedback from anyone
that created that upgrade?
How would you feel if the only advice you were given changed absolutely nothing
and did not even prevent the loss of the second piece of hardware?
Btw, the word "tainted" has to be the worst characterization for a kernel that
must use a specific out-of-tree driver in order to make the related hw work at
100% of its capabilities.

>From my point of view, all I see is a kernel that destroyed my hardware TWICE,
thus the raise of severity to critical, because it did break the entire system
hardware wise. The sad thing is that your attention was drawn after I raised
it.
And all the above can result to one thing from my side: anger. And don't expect
me to lower my tone while being angry.

As for the logs, please tell me where to find them and I will zip them and send
them straight to your email if you wish. And not only the ones from 5.10.38/40,
ALL 50/100/any number of logs systemd has kept.
On the other hand, how hard would it be to build a kernel with the latest
update but with the config used for 5.10.28? I did check the differences
between config-5.10.0-6-amd64 and config-5.10.0-7-amd64 last week, but I admit
I am not smart enough to see which change could cause all this mess.