Hi!

I was just stumblinmg over this bugreport, and must say I am surprised
at the logic here - the ntfs3 module does not conflict with existing
filesystem drivers (such as ntfs-3g), so existing systems shouldn't be
negatively affected as they would continue to either fail to mount or use
ntfs-3g, if installed.

also, the logic of keeping it out is very flawed, namely that the feature is
new. but the code in question existed for a long time outside the kernel, so
arguing there might possibly, potentially, maybe be some problems in the code
(that haven't surfaced in the half a year since the release) is very
strange.

while I appreciate that the kernel package maintainers try to keep
dangerous or broken modules disabled, I think doing so based on zero
actual evidence is going to far, especially given that other broken
modules are enabled (e.g. ufs, which does get used by default and can eat
ufs filesystems for breakfast).

the only actual evidence so far is that there is no working fsck - well,
the same argument could be used to keep btrfs out of debian.

I would have understood this decision if the ntfs3 module conflicted with the
existing ntfs or ntfs-3g drivers, but it doesn't.

please reconsider your decision - thanks!