Hello,

On 07/06/2022 16:36, Diederik de Haas wrote:
Here's the error message:

error: not xen image.
error: you need to load the kernel first.

Can you still reproduce this issue on a more recent kernel (5.10 or later)?

5.10 and many later kernels still have this issue. I haven't tried 5.17 or 5.18, but I suspect they still do.

The underlying problem is that the cloud kernel is compressed with an algorithm that grub can't uncompress. What I've been doing as a workaround is that I decompress the kernel myself in a kernel install hook.

I'm a bit busy this week and next with a couple of huge events, so I don't have to provide more details until after those are done.

Best Regards,

--
        Aleksi Suhonen

        () ascii ribbon campaign