Here we go, another one, it seems:

CVE-2022-2588 (https://seclists.org/oss-sec/2022/q3/115)

Seems I'm not the only one who's quite concerned about the ongoing
security impact of user namspaces, as the recent/current discussion
about some LSM patches for 6.1 shows:
https://lwn.net/ml/linux-kernel/CAHk-=wicqicqrnqpehbdf7eckhk_ceyzzk5dyq7y5nztzhp...@mail.gmail.com/#t

Quoting Linus:

> And I think you are in denial about how many problems the
> user-namespace stuff has caused.
>
> Distros are literally turning it off entirely because the whole "let
> users create their own namespace" has *NOT* been a great success.
>
> I personally think it was a mistake. We're stuck with it, but we most
> definitely need knobs to manage it that isn't just "enable/disable
> USER_NS" in the kernel config.
>
> So this whole "don't do this" approach you have is not acceptable.
>
> 99% of all code does NOT WANT the user namespace thing, and it's been
> a big new attack surface for the kernel getting things subtly wrong.

It's still a shame to see that Debian intentionally sacrifices the
security of *all* users just for the needs of very few.

Regards,
Philippe.