Control: severity -1 important

Hi,

On Wed, Oct 26, 2022 at 10:23:35PM +0200, Christoph Anton Mitterer wrote:
> Source: linux
> Version: 5.19.6-1
> Severity: critical
> Justification: breaks the whole system
>

> Hi.
>
> 6.0.3 introduced a commit that causes (permanent) CPU soft lockups
> for some people with btrfs filesystems, effectively breaking the
> system, e.g. when booting.

According to your references there is the workaround of mounting  with
clear_cache,space_cache=v2 and convert the filesystem.

What would one prevent doing so?

I'm downgrading the severity to important as it does not make the
kernel unbootable or unstable on common hardware or all systems that a
flavour is supposed to support.

While I agree it is important to fix, this issue should not block the
migration of the current kernel to address CVE-2022-2602.

I will work next on importing the newer 6.0.y versions which include a
fix for this issue as well.

Regards,
Salvatore