On Sat, 12 Nov 2005, Frans Pop wrote:

[..]
The following packages are currently pulled in as dependencies by the
2.6.14 kernel:
- yaird
- perl (3.3 MB)
- perl-modules (2.2 MB)
- libhtml-template-perl
- libparse-recdescent-perl
These requirements look quite heavy to me and may be a problem for the
netinst.

If we would install initramfs-tools, we would need:
- busybox
- klibc-utils
- mklibs-copy
- udev

Note that mklib-copy currently depends on python2.4-minimal, with installed-size of 2072 kB.

This looks a lot lighter, but the dependency on udev probably means some
manipulation of /target/dev will be required. Using udev in d-i itself
may make that easier.

Best regards,

Jurij Smakov                                        [EMAIL PROTECTED]