On Mon, 2023-01-09 at 17:32 -0800, Ian Rogers wrote:
[...]
> Thanks again Ben! With the releases, the plan is to follow the kernel
> releases? We could potentially be more aggressive with the perf tool
> given its backward compatibility. That would benefit people using
> older kernels who want the latest perf tool bug fixes and features.

Yes, we continue to build perf from the same source package as our
kernel images.  Users of a stable release can still install newer
versions of perf and/or the kernel from the corresponding -backports
suite without upgrading everything elese.

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings
The program is absolutely right; therefore, the computer must be wrong.