Hello Diederik,

On 27/01/2023 22:35, Diederik de Haas wrote:
On Friday, 27 January 2023 21:05:47 CET Computer Enthusiastic wrote:
This patch [2] applies to kernel version 5.10.y, too. I used it with a
custom built kernel since it was published .

The author of the patch acknowledged that the patch applies to kernel
version 5.10.y asking me to send it out to the stable mailing list. I
did it, but I did not receive an answer. I tried to peek upstream, but
again no answer.

I noticed in [2] this: "Cc: sta...@vger.kernel.org # v5.15+"

The post on marc.info (try to use lore.kernel.org links as that works easier
for most people) seems to be posted to the 'linux-kernel' list, which I
*think* is not the same as 'sta...@vger.kernel.org'.

So I would suggest to try again by sending it to stable.vger.k.o with explicit
mention of kernel 5.10.
GKH is a busy man so I recommend to take your time to construct an email which
is as short as possible, but still contains all the info needed to evaluate
the request.

I would recommend to mention the following things:

Commit ID in 5.15 = 3640cdccbe75b8922e5bfc0191dd37e3aaa24833