On Friday, 10 March 2023 17:16:48 CET Diederik de Haas wrote:
> On Friday, 10 March 2023 13:07:22 CET d...@kataplop.net wrote:
> > March 10, 2023 10:57 AM, "Diederik de Haas" <didi.deb...@cknow.org> wrote:
> > > I'm 99% sure this would be a *workaround*, but let's verify anyway:
> > > In the /lib/firmware directory, create a symlink from
> > > brcm/brcmfmac4356-pcie.bin to cypress/cyfmac4356-pcie.bin
> >
> > As expected, it works with the symlink :)
>
> Thanks, then it's a kernel issue so I'm reassigning accordingly.

New development: I now think it *is* an issue in firmware-brcm80211.
I think it would still be good if the kernel would also check the `cypress`
directory, but this seems to be a packaging issue.

Via https://snapshot.debian.org/binary/firmware-brcm80211/ you can find
various old versions of the package, and I want you to do the following test:

1) First remove the symlink you created above.
2) Get the .deb for version 20230117-2 and install that
3) Reboot and verify that your wifi works as it should
4) If so, upgrade to the 20230210-1 version and reboot
5) verify that wifi is now broken

Let me/us know how that test goes.