On Thursday, 30 March 2023 00:27:41 CET Diederik de Haas wrote:
> The patch description which turned the module from a `bool` into a
> `tristate` explicitly mentioned security as a reason so that the module
> would ONLY be loaded when needed, instead of always for everyone ... for
> security reasons.

Kees Cook tooted about and GKH boosted the following link:
https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/20231101-rust-binder-v1-0-08ba9197f...@google.com/

Titled "Setting up Binder for the future" which is a patch set rewriting
the implementation of Binder with Rust.
The cover page ofc describes the patch set and also contains the following:

"We have left the binderfs filesystem component in C. Rewriting it in
Rust would be a large amount of work and requires a lot of bindings to
the file system interfaces. Binderfs has not historically had the same
challenges with security and complexity, so rewriting binderfs seems to
have lower value than the rest of Binder."