Control: reassign -1 release-notes
Control: retitle -1 document expected warnings for the bookworm to trixie
upgrade

On Thu, Nov 30, 2023 at 02:26:07PM +0800, Dan Jacobson wrote:
> Package: firmware-misc-nonfree
> Version: 20230625-1
>
> Saw tons of these.
> Unpacking firmware-misc-nonfree (20230625-1) over (20230515-3) ...
> dpkg: warning: unable to delete old directory '/lib/firmware/wfx': Directory
> not empty
> dpkg: warning: unable to delete old directory '/lib/firmware/ueagle-atm':
> Directory not empty
> dpkg: warning: unable to delete old directory '/lib/firmware/tigon':
> Directory not empty
> dpkg: warning: unable to delete old directory '/lib/firmware/tehuti':
> Directory not empty
>
> Due to
> /lib/firmware/tehuti/bdx.bin etc.

I fear these warnings are to be expected when upgrading from bookworm to
trixie or within development releases as trixie is being prepared. This
is a result of the way we choose to finalize the /usr-merge transition
and the only way to not have such warnings would have been to spread the
transition to forky. Consensus has been to accept the warnings in favour
of finishing sooner rather than later.

That said, I see how these warnings cause confusion. We should document
them in the release-notes as being specifically expected in a bookworm
to trixie upgrade, but not beyond.

Helmut