Package: linux-image-2.6.14-2-686
I have two machines, a PII & a celeron laptop. I use lilo, & install kernel
images using initrd. They were originally installed woody, with a 2.2 & 2.4
kernel respectively. They are both dual boot, root being hda2. I had upgraded
them thro various releases of 2.6 kernel with no problems. But when I installed
2.6.14-2 I had a problem. Neither of them could see the root system - I had
sys/dev/errors. I noticed the install used yaird. I read somewhere that yaird
would not work with pre 2.6 kernels. I never had any error meassage during the
install. So, I reloaded one of them from woody again, installed initramfs-tools
prior to installing 2.6.14-2 and it worked ok. Did the same on the other
machine and they both boot the 2.6.14-2 kernel ok.Is ther a problem using yaird
that screws machines that were initially installed with pre 2.6 kernels

Regards Richard Bell