On Sat, 24 Dec 2005, Frans Pop wrote:

> On Friday 23 December 2005 14:34, maximilian attems wrote:
> > please try the attached patch,
> > should load ide-generic even if udev didn't yet bring it up:
>
> Although my initial report was for Sparc (which I will test tomorrow, I've
> also tested it on my laptop.
> ide-generic is loaded, but ide-disk is not, so not quite there yet for me.
>
> The laptop (Toshiba Satellite A40) needs piix (which is loaded):
> 0000:00:1f.1 IDE interface: Intel Corp. 82801DBM (ICH4) Ultra ATA Storage
> Controller (rev 03)
>
> Cheers,
> FJP

thanks to you all for your testing!!
indeed other test request generated the same feedback,
working on some but for others still missing ide-disk.

need to talk to the ubuntu guys what we are doing falsly as
it works on their side.
Md states that udev should pick up any ide-generic,
which su... that it doesn't do.

anyway happy christmas :)

--
maks