Max:

maximilian attems wrote:

use initramfs-tools this shouldn't fail:
apt-get install initramfs-tools

add to /etc/kernel-img.conf
ramdisk = /usr/sbin/mkinitramfs /usr/sbin/mkinitrd

good luck ;)

One other thing.  When I try to --purge the package, I get this:

# dpkg --purge linux-image-2.6.14-2-k7
(Reading database ... 206960 files and directories currently installed.)
Removing linux-image-2.6.14-2-k7 ...
Searching for GRUB installation directory ... found: /boot/grub .
The link /vmlinuz is a damaged link
Removing symbolic link vmlinuz
Unless you used the optional flag in lilo,
you may need to re-run lilo
The link /initrd.img is a damaged link
Removing symbolic link initrd.img
Unless you used the optional flag in lilo,
you may need to re-run lilo
Purging configuration files for linux-image-2.6.14-2-k7 ...
Searching for GRUB installation directory ... found: /boot/grub .

... and it just hangs there.

b.g.

--
Bill Gatliff