Sven Luther wrote:

On Wed, Jan 04, 2006 at 06:17:00PM +1300, Srdjan wrote:
Sven Luther wrote:
additional modules ? What is it exactly you installed as "additional modules" ?

pwc-modules-2.6.14-1-k7

Yes, except you would need the newer version, 2.6.14-2-k7, and soon
2.6.15-1-k7. I believe the fact that these out-of-tree modules have not yet
been rebuilt for the abi changed kernels be a RC bug against them, since it
makes the package uninstallable and thus unusable, and worse will probably
stop seemless upgrades.
Ok, so shall I leave that to you, and I will log wishlist bugs for xawtv and friends?

apt-cache search pwc :)

Done that already. You mean pwc-source, right?

Well, you can either build the pwc package from source (apt-get source -b pwc)
and get the new version, or use the pwc-source package to build your own
package, both should work, there is also a thingy called module assistant, but
i never could make it work.
Building from pwc-source using
KVERS=2.6.14-2-k7 KSRC=/usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.14-2-k7 debian/rules binary-modules
worked just fine.

Cheers,
Srdjan