Glad to hear you are still around, Ed!

On 2026-09-29 14:29, Eduard Shishkin wrote:
On 9/28/26 16:32, Jose R Rodriguez wrote:

On 2026-09-28 01:41, Jose R Rodriguez wrote:

Niltze [Hello]

I have hacked an official 'Debian Packaging for 5.15.15-2 for
backports' and wrapped it over an reiser4 -enhanced 5.15.220

Won't an overflow occur in the third register?
That's why I tagged you, Sr., you are the expert ;-) Notwithstanding, approximately one week + of daily use / testing development has not introduced anomalies, except for the dmesg flooding and missing pahole-*.sh files; issues which have been resolved with integrated patches into the Debian Packaging for 5.5.220 framework.

Has anyone even tried porting Reiser4/5 to newer kernels (5.17+)? As
far as I remember, for this, one had to make a friendship with the
newly introduced "folios"..
5.15 LTS has not introduced 'folios', yet, as far as I analyzed the commits.


Thanks,
Edward.

LTS. During the task I added to debian/patches directory support
for upstream RTW89 WiFi 6 module(s) and 'drm/amd/display: Avoid
flooding unnecessary info messages' modified patch based on:
<


https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/stable/linux.git/commit/?id=290072065dffec1752f21c6bc7f7e5eca7aaf706
[1]

The build completes nicely and I am using the reiser4 5.15.220 LTS
kernel, testing it during daily use:
< https://metztli.it/lts > [2]

When it came time to build VirtualBox 7.2.20 during my testing,
the
/usr/src/linux-headers-*-common/scripts/
package missed inclusion of
pahole-version.sh
pahole-flags.sh

which, of course, are part of and under 5.15.220/linux/scripts
directory.

Question I have is, where in the Debian Packaging for x.y.z
framework can I define the extra files missing from my current
build?

Any hints would be appreciated very much!

Never mind, issue is solved by modifying
debian/rules.d/scripts/Makefile and specifying those missing files
in my Debian Packaging for 5.15.220 LTS patch, again, as just
elaborated at:
< https://metztli.it/lts > [2]



Links:
------
[1] https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/stable/linux.git/commit/?id=290072065dffec1752f21c6bc7f7e5eca7aaf706
[2] https://metztli.it/lts

--
Best Professional Regards.

--
Jose R R
http://metztli.it
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Download Metztli Reiser4: Debian Trixie w/ Linux 5.17.15-3 AMD64
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
feats ZSTD compression https://sf.net/projects/metztli-reiser4/
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Official current Reiser4 resources: https://reiser4.wiki.kernel.org/

Reply via email to