Your message dated Wed, 30 Sep 2026 13:46:12 +0200
with message-id <[email protected]>
and subject line Re: Bug#1149394: linux-image-6.12.111+deb13-amd64: installed 
kernel 6.12.111 on debian trxie cannot boot
has caused the Debian Bug report #1149394,
regarding linux-image-6.12.111+deb13-amd64: installed kernel 6.12.111 on debian 
trxie cannot boot
to be marked as done.

This means that you claim that the problem has been dealt with.
If this is not the case it is now your responsibility to reopen the
Bug report if necessary, and/or fix the problem forthwith.

(NB: If you are a system administrator and have no idea what this
message is talking about, this may indicate a serious mail system
misconfiguration somewhere. Please contact [email protected]
immediately.)


-- 
1149394: https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=1149394
Debian Bug Tracking System
Contact [email protected] with problems
--- Begin Message ---
Package: src:linux
Version: 6.12.111-1
Severity: important
X-Debbugs-Cc: [email protected]

Dear Maintainer,

I use an Nvida GPU and I used the driver downloaded from the offical website. I 
have updated the kernel to 6.12.111 and the x server failed to start. I have 
tried opening  wayland from the tty console  and it works. 
>From wayland I have tried booting plasmashell but it would not start. At last 
>I have run initramfs and it was able to rebuild the driver for the kernel 
>6.12.107. 
I updated to driver 615 (from 610) but x on kernel 6.12.111 is still broken.

Regards Mattia
-- Package-specific info:
** Kernel log: boot messages should be attached

** Model information
sys_vendor: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
product_name: Z790 A PRO X WIFI7
product_version: -CF
chassis_vendor: Default string
chassis_version: Default string
bios_vendor: American Megatrends International, LLC.
bios_version: F1
board_vendor: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
board_name: Z790 A PRO X WIFI7
board_version: x.x

** Configuration for modprobe:
blacklist arkfb
blacklist aty128fb
blacklist atyfb
blacklist radeonfb
blacklist cirrusfb
blacklist cyber2000fb
blacklist kyrofb
blacklist matroxfb_base
blacklist mb862xxfb
blacklist neofb
blacklist pm2fb
blacklist pm3fb
blacklist s3fb
blacklist savagefb
blacklist sisfb
blacklist tdfxfb
blacklist tridentfb
blacklist vt8623fb
blacklist microcode
blacklist nouveau
options snd_pcsp index=-2
options cx88_alsa index=-2
options snd_atiixp_modem index=-2
options snd_intel8x0m index=-2
options snd_via82xx_modem index=-2
options nvidia NVreg_PreserveVideoMemoryAllocations=1
options nouveau modeset=0
options bonding max_bonds=0
options dummy numdummies=0
options ifb numifbs=0

** PCI devices:
00:00.0 Host bridge [0600]: Intel Corporation Raptor Lake-S 8+12 - Host 
Bridge/DRAM Controller [8086:a740] (rev 01)
        DeviceName: Onboard - Other
        Subsystem: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd Device [1458:5000]
        Control: I/O- Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- 
Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- DisINTx-
        Status: Cap+ 66MHz- UDF- FastB2B+ ParErr- DEVSEL=fast >TAbort- <TAbort- 
<MAbort- >SERR- <PERR- INTx-
        Latency: 0

00:01.0 PCI bridge [0604]: Intel Corporation Raptor Lake PCI Express 5.0 
Graphics Port (PEG010) [8086:a70d] (rev 01) (prog-if 00 [Normal decode])
        Subsystem: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd Device [1458:5000]
        Control: I/O+ Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- 
Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- DisINTx+
        Status: Cap+ 66MHz- UDF- FastB2B- ParErr- DEVSEL=fast >TAbort- <TAbort- 
<MAbort- >SERR- <PERR- INTx-
        Latency: 0, Cache Line Size: 64 bytes
        Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 24
        Bus: primary=00, secondary=01, subordinate=01, sec-latency=0
        I/O behind bridge: 5000-5fff [size=4K] [16-bit]
        Memory behind bridge: 41000000-420fffff [size=17M] [32-bit]
        Prefetchable memory behind bridge: 6000000000-6401ffffff [size=16416M] 
[32-bit]
        Secondary status: 66MHz- FastB2B- ParErr- DEVSEL=fast >TAbort- <TAbort- 
<MAbort- <SERR- <PERR-
        BridgeCtl: Parity- SERR+ NoISA- VGA- VGA16+ MAbort- >Reset- FastB2B-
                PriDiscTmr- SecDiscTmr- DiscTmrStat- DiscTmrSERREn-
        Capabilities: <access denied>
        Kernel driver in use: pcieport

00:01.1 PCI bridge [0604]: Intel Corporation Device [8086:a72d] (rev 01) 
(prog-if 00 [Normal decode])
        Subsystem: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd Device [1458:5000]
        Control: I/O+ Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- 
Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- DisINTx+
        Status: Cap+ 66MHz- UDF- FastB2B- ParErr- DEVSEL=fast >TAbort- <TAbort- 
<MAbort- >SERR- <PERR- INTx-
        Latency: 0, Cache Line Size: 64 bytes
        Interrupt: pin B routed to IRQ 25
        Bus: primary=00, secondary=02, subordinate=02, sec-latency=0
        I/O behind bridge: [disabled] [16-bit]
        Memory behind bridge: 42400000-424fffff [size=1M] [32-bit]
        Prefetchable memory behind bridge: [disabled] [64-bit]
        Secondary status: 66MHz- FastB2B- ParErr- DEVSEL=fast >TAbort- <TAbort- 
<MAbort- <SERR- <PERR-
        BridgeCtl: Parity- SERR+ NoISA- VGA- VGA16+ MAbort- >Reset- FastB2B-
                PriDiscTmr- SecDiscTmr- DiscTmrStat- DiscTmrSERREn-
        Capabilities: <access denied>
        Kernel driver in use: pcieport

00:02.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: Intel Corporation Raptor Lake-S GT1 
[UHD Graphics 770] [8086:a780] (rev 04) (prog-if 00 [VGA controller])
        DeviceName: Onboard - Video
        Subsystem: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd Device [1458:d000]
        Control: I/O+ Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- 
Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- DisINTx+
        Status: Cap+ 66MHz- UDF- FastB2B- ParErr- DEVSEL=fast >TAbort- <TAbort- 
<MAbort- >SERR- <PERR- INTx-
        Latency: 0, Cache Line Size: 64 bytes
        Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 49
        Region 0: Memory at 6402000000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=16M]
        Region 2: Memory at 4000000000 (64-bit, prefetchable) [size=256M]
        Region 4: I/O ports at 6000 [size=64]
        Expansion ROM at 000c0000 [virtual] [disabled] [size=128K]
        Capabilities: <access denied>
        Kernel driver in use: i915
        Kernel modules: i915, xe

00:14.0 USB controller [0c03]: Intel Corporation Raptor Lake USB 3.2 Gen 2x2 
(20 Gb/s) XHCI Host Controller [8086:7a60] (rev 11) (prog-if 30 [XHCI])
        DeviceName: Onboard - Other
        Subsystem: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd Device [1458:5007]
        Control: I/O- Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- 
Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- DisINTx+
        Status: Cap+ 66MHz- UDF- FastB2B+ ParErr- DEVSEL=medium >TAbort- 
<TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR- INTx-
        Latency: 0
        Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 46
        Region 0: Memory at 6403100000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=64K]
        Capabilities: <access denied>
        Kernel driver in use: xhci_hcd
        Kernel modules: mei_me, xhci_pci

00:14.2 RAM memory [0500]: Intel Corporation Raptor Lake-S PCH Shared SRAM 
[8086:7a27] (rev 11)
        DeviceName: Onboard - Other
        Control: I/O- Mem- BusMaster- SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- 
Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- DisINTx-
        Status: Cap+ 66MHz- UDF- FastB2B- ParErr- DEVSEL=fast >TAbort- <TAbort- 
<MAbort- >SERR- <PERR- INTx-
        Region 0: Memory at 6403114000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [disabled] 
[size=16K]
        Region 2: Memory at 6403120000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [disabled] 
[size=4K]
        Capabilities: <access denied>

00:15.0 Serial bus controller [0c80]: Intel Corporation Raptor Lake Serial IO 
I2C Host Controller #0 [8086:7a4c] (rev 11)
        DeviceName: Onboard - Other
        Control: I/O- Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- 
Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- DisINTx-
        Status: Cap+ 66MHz- UDF- FastB2B- ParErr- DEVSEL=fast >TAbort- <TAbort- 
<MAbort- >SERR- <PERR- INTx-
        Latency: 0, Cache Line Size: 64 bytes
        Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 255
        Region 0: Memory at 4017000000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4K]
        Capabilities: <access denied>
        Kernel modules: intel_lpss_pci

00:15.1 Serial bus controller [0c80]: Intel Corporation Raptor Lake Serial IO 
I2C Host Controller #1 [8086:7a4d] (rev 11)
        DeviceName: Onboard - Other
        Control: I/O- Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- 
Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- DisINTx-
        Status: Cap+ 66MHz- UDF- FastB2B- ParErr- DEVSEL=fast >TAbort- <TAbort- 
<MAbort- >SERR- <PERR- INTx-
        Latency: 0, Cache Line Size: 64 bytes
        Interrupt: pin B routed to IRQ 255
        Region 0: Memory at 4017001000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4K]
        Capabilities: <access denied>
        Kernel modules: intel_lpss_pci

00:15.2 Serial bus controller [0c80]: Intel Corporation Raptor Lake Serial IO 
I2C Host Controller #2 [8086:7a4e] (rev 11)
        DeviceName: Onboard - Other
        Control: I/O- Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- 
Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- DisINTx-
        Status: Cap+ 66MHz- UDF- FastB2B- ParErr- DEVSEL=fast >TAbort- <TAbort- 
<MAbort- >SERR- <PERR- INTx-
        Latency: 0, Cache Line Size: 64 bytes
        Interrupt: pin C routed to IRQ 255
        Region 0: Memory at 4017002000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4K]
        Capabilities: <access denied>
        Kernel modules: intel_lpss_pci

00:15.3 Serial bus controller [0c80]: Intel Corporation Raptor Lake Serial IO 
I2C Host Controller [8086:7a4f] (rev 11)
        DeviceName: Onboard - Other
        Control: I/O- Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- 
Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- DisINTx-
        Status: Cap+ 66MHz- UDF- FastB2B- ParErr- DEVSEL=fast >TAbort- <TAbort- 
<MAbort- >SERR- <PERR- INTx-
        Latency: 0, Cache Line Size: 64 bytes
        Interrupt: pin D routed to IRQ 255
        Region 0: Memory at 4017003000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4K]
        Capabilities: <access denied>
        Kernel modules: intel_lpss_pci

00:16.0 Communication controller [0780]: Intel Corporation Raptor Lake CSME 
HECI #1 [8086:7a68] (rev 11)
        DeviceName: Onboard - Other
        Subsystem: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd Device [1458:1c3a]
        Control: I/O- Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- 
Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- DisINTx+
        Status: Cap+ 66MHz- UDF- FastB2B- ParErr- DEVSEL=fast >TAbort- <TAbort- 
<MAbort- >SERR- <PERR- INTx-
        Latency: 0
        Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 50
        Region 0: Memory at 640311b000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4K]
        Capabilities: <access denied>
        Kernel driver in use: mei_me
        Kernel modules: mei_me

00:17.0 SATA controller [0106]: Intel Corporation Raptor Lake SATA AHCI 
Controller [8086:7a62] (rev 11) (prog-if 01 [AHCI 1.0])
        DeviceName: Onboard - SATA
        Subsystem: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd Device [1458:b005]
        Control: I/O+ Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- 
Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- DisINTx+
        Status: Cap+ 66MHz+ UDF- FastB2B+ ParErr- DEVSEL=medium >TAbort- 
<TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR- INTx-
        Latency: 0
        Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 47
        Region 0: Memory at 42500000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=8K]
        Region 1: Memory at 42503000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=256]
        Region 2: I/O ports at 6090 [size=8]
        Region 3: I/O ports at 6080 [size=4]
        Region 4: I/O ports at 6060 [size=32]
        Region 5: Memory at 42502000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=2K]
        Capabilities: <access denied>
        Kernel driver in use: ahci
        Kernel modules: ahci

00:19.0 Serial bus controller [0c80]: Intel Corporation Raptor Lake Serial IO 
I2C Host Controller [8086:7a7c] (rev 11)
        DeviceName: Onboard - Other
        Control: I/O- Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- 
Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- DisINTx-
        Status: Cap+ 66MHz- UDF- FastB2B- ParErr- DEVSEL=fast >TAbort- <TAbort- 
<MAbort- >SERR- <PERR- INTx-
        Latency: 0, Cache Line Size: 64 bytes
        Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 255
        Region 0: Memory at 640311a000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4K]
        Capabilities: <access denied>
        Kernel modules: intel_lpss_pci

00:19.1 Serial bus controller [0c80]: Intel Corporation Raptor Lake Serial IO 
I2C Host Controller [8086:7a7d] (rev 11)
        DeviceName: Onboard - Other
        Control: I/O- Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- 
Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- DisINTx-
        Status: Cap+ 66MHz- UDF- FastB2B- ParErr- DEVSEL=fast >TAbort- <TAbort- 
<MAbort- >SERR- <PERR- INTx-
        Latency: 0, Cache Line Size: 64 bytes
        Interrupt: pin B routed to IRQ 255
        Region 0: Memory at 6403119000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4K]
        Capabilities: <access denied>
        Kernel modules: intel_lpss_pci

00:1c.0 PCI bridge [0604]: Intel Corporation Raptor Lake PCI Express Root Port 
#1 [8086:7a38] (rev 11) (prog-if 00 [Normal decode])
        Subsystem: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd Device [1458:5001]
        Control: I/O+ Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- 
Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- DisINTx+
        Status: Cap+ 66MHz- UDF- FastB2B- ParErr- DEVSEL=fast >TAbort- <TAbort- 
<MAbort- >SERR- <PERR- INTx-
        Latency: 0, Cache Line Size: 64 bytes
        Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 26
        Bus: primary=00, secondary=03, subordinate=03, sec-latency=0
        I/O behind bridge: [disabled] [16-bit]
        Memory behind bridge: 42300000-423fffff [size=1M] [32-bit]
        Prefetchable memory behind bridge: [disabled] [64-bit]
        Secondary status: 66MHz- FastB2B- ParErr- DEVSEL=fast >TAbort- <TAbort- 
<MAbort- <SERR- <PERR-
        BridgeCtl: Parity- SERR+ NoISA- VGA- VGA16+ MAbort- >Reset- FastB2B-
                PriDiscTmr- SecDiscTmr- DiscTmrStat- DiscTmrSERREn-
        Capabilities: <access denied>
        Kernel driver in use: pcieport

00:1c.2 PCI bridge [0604]: Intel Corporation Raptor Point-S PCH - PCI Express 
Root Port 3 [8086:7a3a] (rev 11) (prog-if 00 [Normal decode])
        Subsystem: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd Device [1458:5001]
        Control: I/O+ Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- 
Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- DisINTx+
        Status: Cap+ 66MHz- UDF- FastB2B- ParErr- DEVSEL=fast >TAbort- <TAbort- 
<MAbort- >SERR- <PERR- INTx-
        Latency: 0, Cache Line Size: 64 bytes
        Interrupt: pin C routed to IRQ 27
        Bus: primary=00, secondary=04, subordinate=04, sec-latency=0
        I/O behind bridge: 4000-4fff [size=4K] [16-bit]
        Memory behind bridge: 42200000-422fffff [size=1M] [32-bit]
        Prefetchable memory behind bridge: [disabled] [64-bit]
        Secondary status: 66MHz- FastB2B- ParErr- DEVSEL=fast >TAbort- <TAbort- 
<MAbort- <SERR- <PERR-
        BridgeCtl: Parity- SERR+ NoISA- VGA- VGA16+ MAbort- >Reset- FastB2B-
                PriDiscTmr- SecDiscTmr- DiscTmrStat- DiscTmrSERREn-
        Capabilities: <access denied>
        Kernel driver in use: pcieport

00:1d.0 PCI bridge [0604]: Intel Corporation Raptor Lake PCI Express Root Port 
#9 [8086:7a30] (rev 11) (prog-if 00 [Normal decode])
        Subsystem: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd Device [1458:5001]
        Control: I/O+ Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- 
Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- DisINTx+
        Status: Cap+ 66MHz- UDF- FastB2B- ParErr- DEVSEL=fast >TAbort- <TAbort- 
<MAbort- >SERR- <PERR- INTx-
        Latency: 0, Cache Line Size: 64 bytes
        Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 28
        Bus: primary=00, secondary=05, subordinate=05, sec-latency=0
        I/O behind bridge: 3000-3fff [size=4K] [16-bit]
        Memory behind bridge: 42100000-421fffff [size=1M] [32-bit]
        Prefetchable memory behind bridge: [disabled] [64-bit]
        Secondary status: 66MHz- FastB2B- ParErr- DEVSEL=fast >TAbort- <TAbort- 
<MAbort- <SERR- <PERR-
        BridgeCtl: Parity- SERR+ NoISA- VGA- VGA16+ MAbort- >Reset- FastB2B-
                PriDiscTmr- SecDiscTmr- DiscTmrStat- DiscTmrSERREn-
        Capabilities: <access denied>
        Kernel driver in use: pcieport

00:1f.0 ISA bridge [0601]: Intel Corporation Raptor Lake LPC/eSPI Controller 
[8086:7a04] (rev 11)
        DeviceName: Onboard - Other
        Subsystem: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd Device [1458:5001]
        Control: I/O+ Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- 
Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- DisINTx+
        Status: Cap- 66MHz- UDF- FastB2B- ParErr- DEVSEL=fast >TAbort- <TAbort- 
<MAbort- >SERR- <PERR- INTx-
        Latency: 0

00:1f.3 Audio device [0403]: Intel Corporation Raptor Lake High Definition 
Audio Controller [8086:7a50] (rev 11) (prog-if 00 [HDA compatible])
        DeviceName: Onboard - Sound
        Subsystem: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd Device [1458:a0c3]
        Control: I/O- Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- 
Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- DisINTx+
        Status: Cap+ 66MHz- UDF- FastB2B- ParErr- DEVSEL=fast >TAbort- <TAbort- 
<MAbort- >SERR- <PERR- INTx-
        Latency: 32, Cache Line Size: 64 bytes
        Interrupt: pin B routed to IRQ 63
        Region 0: Memory at 6403110000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=16K]
        Region 4: Memory at 6403000000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=1M]
        Capabilities: <access denied>
        Kernel driver in use: snd_hda_intel
        Kernel modules: snd_hda_intel, snd_soc_avs, snd_sof_pci_intel_tgl

00:1f.4 SMBus [0c05]: Intel Corporation Raptor Lake-S PCH SMBus Controller 
[8086:7a23] (rev 11)
        DeviceName: Onboard - Other
        Subsystem: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd Device [1458:5001]
        Control: I/O+ Mem+ BusMaster- SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- 
Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- DisINTx-
        Status: Cap- 66MHz- UDF- FastB2B+ ParErr- DEVSEL=medium >TAbort- 
<TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR- INTx-
        Interrupt: pin C routed to IRQ 18
        Region 0: Memory at 6403118000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=256]
        Region 4: I/O ports at efa0 [size=32]
        Kernel driver in use: i801_smbus
        Kernel modules: i2c_i801

00:1f.5 Serial bus controller [0c80]: Intel Corporation Raptor Lake SPI (flash) 
Controller [8086:7a24] (rev 11)
        DeviceName: Onboard - Other
        Control: I/O- Mem+ BusMaster- SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- 
Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- DisINTx+
        Status: Cap- 66MHz- UDF- FastB2B- ParErr- DEVSEL=fast >TAbort- <TAbort- 
<MAbort- >SERR- <PERR- INTx-
        Region 0: Memory at 40400000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4K]

01:00.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: NVIDIA Corporation AD103 [GeForce RTX 
4070 Ti SUPER] [10de:2705] (rev a1) (prog-if 00 [VGA controller])
        Subsystem: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd Device [1458:4136]
        Control: I/O+ Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- 
Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- DisINTx+
        Status: Cap+ 66MHz- UDF- FastB2B- ParErr- DEVSEL=fast >TAbort- <TAbort- 
<MAbort- >SERR- <PERR- INTx-
        Latency: 0
        Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 68
        Region 0: Memory at 41000000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=16M]
        Region 1: Memory at 6000000000 (64-bit, prefetchable) [size=16G]
        Region 3: Memory at 6400000000 (64-bit, prefetchable) [size=32M]
        Region 5: I/O ports at 5000 [size=128]
        Expansion ROM at 42000000 [virtual] [disabled] [size=512K]
        Capabilities: <access denied>
        Kernel driver in use: nvidia
        Kernel modules: nouveau, nvidia_drm, nvidia

01:00.1 Audio device [0403]: NVIDIA Corporation AD103 High Definition Audio 
Controller [10de:22bb] (rev a1) (prog-if 00 [HDA compatible])
        Subsystem: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd Device [1458:4136]
        Control: I/O- Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- 
Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- DisINTx-
        Status: Cap+ 66MHz- UDF- FastB2B- ParErr- DEVSEL=fast >TAbort- <TAbort- 
<MAbort- >SERR- <PERR- INTx-
        Latency: 0, Cache Line Size: 64 bytes
        Interrupt: pin B routed to IRQ 17
        Region 0: Memory at 42080000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=16K]
        Capabilities: <access denied>
        Kernel driver in use: snd_hda_intel
        Kernel modules: snd_hda_intel

02:00.0 Non-Volatile memory controller [0108]: Samsung Electronics Co Ltd NVMe 
SSD Controller S4LV008[Pascal] [144d:a80c] (prog-if 02 [NVM Express])
        Subsystem: Samsung Electronics Co Ltd Device [144d:a801]
        Control: I/O- Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- 
Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- DisINTx+
        Status: Cap+ 66MHz- UDF- FastB2B- ParErr- DEVSEL=fast >TAbort- <TAbort- 
<MAbort- >SERR- <PERR- INTx-
        Latency: 0, Cache Line Size: 64 bytes
        Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 17
        Region 0: Memory at 42400000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=16K]
        Capabilities: <access denied>
        Kernel driver in use: nvme
        Kernel modules: nvme

03:00.0 Network controller [0280]: Intel Corporation Wi-Fi 7(802.11be) 
AX1775*/AX1790*/BE20*/BE401/BE1750* 2x2 [8086:272b] (rev 1a)
        Subsystem: Intel Corporation BE200 320MHz [Gale Peak] [8086:00f4]
        Control: I/O- Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- 
Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- DisINTx+
        Status: Cap+ 66MHz- UDF- FastB2B- ParErr- DEVSEL=fast >TAbort- <TAbort- 
<MAbort- >SERR- <PERR- INTx-
        Latency: 0, Cache Line Size: 64 bytes
        Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 16
        Region 0: Memory at 42300000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=16K]
        Capabilities: <access denied>
        Kernel driver in use: iwlwifi
        Kernel modules: iwlwifi

04:00.0 Ethernet controller [0200]: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8126 
5GbE Controller [10ec:8126] (rev 01)
        Subsystem: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd Device [1458:e000]
        Control: I/O+ Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- 
Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- DisINTx+
        Status: Cap+ 66MHz- UDF- FastB2B- ParErr- DEVSEL=fast >TAbort- <TAbort- 
<MAbort- >SERR- <PERR- INTx-
        Latency: 0, Cache Line Size: 64 bytes
        Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 18
        Region 0: I/O ports at 4000 [size=256]
        Region 2: Memory at 42200000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=64K]
        Region 4: Memory at 42210000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=16K]
        Capabilities: <access denied>
        Kernel driver in use: r8169
        Kernel modules: r8169

05:00.0 Network controller [0280]: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8852BE 
PCIe 802.11ax Wireless Network Controller [10ec:b852]
        Subsystem: AzureWave Device [1a3b:5470]
        Control: I/O+ Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- 
Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- DisINTx+
        Status: Cap+ 66MHz- UDF- FastB2B- ParErr- DEVSEL=fast >TAbort- <TAbort- 
<MAbort- >SERR- <PERR- INTx-
        Latency: 0, Cache Line Size: 64 bytes
        Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 69
        Region 0: I/O ports at 3000 [size=256]
        Region 2: Memory at 42100000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=1M]
        Capabilities: <access denied>
        Kernel driver in use: rtw89_8852be
        Kernel modules: rtw89_8852be


** USB devices:
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 0bda:5411 Realtek Semiconductor Corp. RTS5411 Hub
Bus 001 Device 003: ID 05e3:0608 Genesys Logic, Inc. Hub
Bus 001 Device 004: ID 2516:014f Cooler Master Co., Ltd. CK351 Gaming Optical 
Switch Keyboard
Bus 001 Device 005: ID 048d:5702 Integrated Technology Express, Inc. RGB LED 
Controller
Bus 001 Device 006: ID 258a:1007 SINOWEALTH Game Mouse
Bus 001 Device 007: ID 2516:01c9 Cooler Master Co., Ltd. ARGB GEN-2
Bus 001 Device 008: ID 8087:0036 Intel Corp. BE200 Bluetooth
Bus 001 Device 009: ID 13d3:3570 IMC Networks Bluetooth Radio
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003 Linux Foundation 3.0 root hub
Bus 002 Device 002: ID 0bda:0411 Realtek Semiconductor Corp. Hub


-- System Information:
Debian Release: 13.7
  APT prefers stable-updates
  APT policy: (500, 'stable-updates'), (500, 'stable-security'), (500, 'stable')
Architecture: amd64 (x86_64)
Foreign Architectures: i386

Kernel: Linux 6.12.107+deb13-amd64 (SMP w/28 CPU threads; PREEMPT)
Kernel taint flags: TAINT_PROPRIETARY_MODULE, TAINT_OOT_MODULE, 
TAINT_UNSIGNED_MODULE
Locale: LANG=en_GB.UTF-8, LC_CTYPE=en_GB.UTF-8 (charmap=UTF-8), 
LANGUAGE=en_GB:en
Shell: /bin/sh linked to /usr/bin/dash
Init: systemd (via /run/systemd/system)
LSM: AppArmor: enabled

Versions of packages linux-image-6.12.111+deb13-amd64 depends on:
ii  initramfs-tools [linux-initramfs-tool]  0.148.4
ii  kmod                                    34.2-2
ii  linux-base                              4.12.1

Versions of packages linux-image-6.12.111+deb13-amd64 recommends:
ii  apparmor  4.1.0-1

Versions of packages linux-image-6.12.111+deb13-amd64 suggests:
pn  debian-kernel-handbook  <none>
pn  firmware-linux-free     <none>
ii  grub-efi-amd64          2.12-9+deb13u2
pn  linux-doc-6.12          <none>

Versions of packages linux-image-6.12.111+deb13-amd64 is related to:
pn  firmware-amd-graphics      <none>
pn  firmware-atheros           <none>
pn  firmware-bnx2              <none>
pn  firmware-bnx2x             <none>
pn  firmware-brcm80211         <none>
pn  firmware-cavium            <none>
pn  firmware-cirrus            <none>
ii  firmware-intel-graphics    20250410-2
pn  firmware-intel-misc        <none>
pn  firmware-intel-sound       <none>
pn  firmware-ipw2x00           <none>
pn  firmware-ivtv              <none>
ii  firmware-iwlwifi           20250410-2
pn  firmware-libertas          <none>
pn  firmware-marvell-prestera  <none>
pn  firmware-mediatek          <none>
pn  firmware-misc-nonfree      <none>
pn  firmware-myricom           <none>
pn  firmware-netronome         <none>
pn  firmware-netxen            <none>
ii  firmware-nvidia-graphics   20250410-2
pn  firmware-qcom-soc          <none>
pn  firmware-qlogic            <none>
ii  firmware-realtek           20250410-2
pn  firmware-samsung           <none>
pn  firmware-siano             <none>
pn  firmware-ti-connectivity   <none>
pn  xen-hypervisor             <none>

-- no debconf information

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
Hi Mattia,

On Tue, Sep 29, 2026 at 10:14:18PM +0200, mattia wrote:
> Package: src:linux
> Version: 6.12.111-1
> Severity: important
> X-Debbugs-Cc: [email protected]
> 
> Dear Maintainer,
> 
> I use an Nvida GPU and I used the driver downloaded from the offical
> website. I have updated the kernel to 6.12.111 and the x server
> failed to start. I have tried opening  wayland from the tty console
> and it works. 
> >From wayland I have tried booting plasmashell but it would not
> >start. At last I have run initramfs and it was able to rebuild the
> >driver for the kernel 6.12.107. 
> I updated to driver 615 (from 610) but x on kernel 6.12.111 is still
> broken.

NVIDIA likely will nedd to provide updated drivers which can cope with
the changes in 6.12.111, can you reach out to them and fill an issue
there?

Regards,
Salvatore

--- End Message ---

Reply via email to