On Tue, Aug 18, 2026 at 11:57:52PM +0200, Werner Sembach wrote:
My current effort to do this is based on the readme files in the Debian
Linux repo and analyzing the config directory in there to build a "-tuxedo"
featureset alongside the "-cloud" and "-rt" one with the patches added in
there:
https://gitlab.com/tuxedocomputers/development/packages/linux/-/tree/tuxedo-debian?ref_type=heads
(relevant part is the patches-tuxedo folder and the new featureset in the
defines.toml in the config folder)
-cloud and -rt are not featuresets, so they don't carry own patches and
are handled differently.
But I'm not quite happy with the result yet:
- When I build this, I also always build the other featuresets including
base featureset, which
- are then also included in the dsc and source tar and
| --- /dev/null
| +++ b/debian/config.local/amd64/defines.toml
| @@ -0,0 +1,3 @@
| +[[featureset]]
| +name = 'none'
| +enable = false
or so.
I hope you could help me to find a recommended more "Debian way" to do all
of this:
- How to I best add a new featureset with new patches ans slightly altered
config and
The easier way is to rename the source package:
| --- a/debian/changelog
| +++ b/debian/changelog
| @@ -1,4 +1,4 @@
| -linux (7.2.2-1~exp1) experimental; urgency=medium
| +linux-tuxedo (7.2.2-1~exp1) experimental; urgency=medium
|
| * New upstream stable update:
|
There is one small fix needed to actually make that work right now:
| --- a/debian/bin/gencontrol.py
| +++ b/debian/bin/gencontrol.py
| @@ -557,7 +557,7 @@ class Gencontrol(Base):
| 'upstreamversion': self.version.linux_version_full,
| 'version': self.version.linux_version,
| 'version_complete': self.version.complete,
| - 'source_basename': re.sub(r'-[\d.]+$', '',
| + 'source_basename': re.sub(r'-\S+$', '',
| self.changelog[0].source),
| 'source_upstream': self.version.upstream,
| 'source_package': self.changelog[0].source,
This then renames most of the packages to contain -tuxedo in the names,
so they can be easily identified.
- only build that to be installed alongside the not rebuild base, -rt, and
-cloud featuresets.
You still need to disable them, using properly placed "enable = false".
This should work:
| --- /dev/null
| +++ b/debian/config.local/amd64/defines.toml
| @@ -0,0 +1,6 @@
| +[[flavour]]
| +name = 'cloud-amd64'
| +enable = false
| +[[flavour]]
| +name = 'rt-amd64'
| +enable = false
- How do I properly sign that kernel using a HSM USB-stick?
This depends on your setup. Debian uses
https://salsa.debian.org/ftp-team/code-signing, which bolts into dak.