On Thu, 2026-10-01 at 20:38 +0000, Vani Doul wrote:
> Package: src:linux
> Version: 6.12.111-1
> Severity: important
> 
> Dear Maintainers,
> 
> I am a user of Linux for a few years but definitely not an expert so I
> used a LLM to help me fill this report. I believe this is much more
> detailed than what I would have been able to produce. I hope that this is
> true from your perspective as well and that it is helping investigate the
> bug.

[...]

I appreciate your intent, but that is not actually helpful to us,
because it is hard for us to understand which parts of the report are
real information about the problem and which are just statistically
likely text (and maybe "hallucination").  We cannot proceeed from such
unreliable information.

In this case, though, we were already aware of the bug from another
report, and there is a fix on the way.

In future you should use the "reportbug" command or another program that
runs bug scripts on the affected system, if possible.  Please read
<https://www.debian.org/Bugs/Reporting> if you have not previously
used it.

Ben.

-- 
Ben Hutchings
The obvious mathematical breakthrough [to break modern encryption]
would be development of an easy way to factor large prime numbers.
                                                           - Bill Gates

Attachment: signature.asc
Description: This is a digitally signed message part

Reply via email to