Package: linux-image-2.6.17-2-k7-smp
Severity: important

I installed Etch on my HP Pavilion DV6119US, which uses a Turion X2 TL-50
dual-core processor.  After the install completed, I tried to boot off the
Linux partition, but received this message:

Checking TSC synchronization across 2 CPUs

And then nothing.  Solid freeze requiring power-off to restart.  Once in six
attempts at booting, after the above line I got:

CPU#0 had 2672658 usecs, TSC skew, fixed it up

And THEN a solid freeze.

The system works flawlessly under Windows Media Center Edition and when
booted from Knoppix CD.  I swapped RAM without changing anything.

Any suggestions?

Note that I've already reported this problem as bug#392895 (against the
installer).  Thinking about it, I actually suspect it's a kernel problem,
not an installer problem.  If you concur, you can (I believe) reassign
392895 as a dupe of this one.

Thank you for all your work on making Debian what it is.

-- System Information:
Debian Release: testing/unstable
  APT prefers testing
  APT policy: (500, 'testing')