Hi ,

The situation described in
http://lists.debian.org/debian-68k/2006/11/msg00032.html
http://lists.debian.org/debian-68k/2006/11/msg00034.html

it's of failed of yaird for installing linux-image-2.6.17-2-mac kernel.
Can you take a look there, please .

regards,

eugen paiuc

On Mon, 2006-11-06 at 12:40 +0100, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
>>Name Withheld wrote:
>> Can anyone tell me,  or point me towards something that will explain
>> what is the minimum I need to put into an initrd image to satisfy
init
>> and complete the boot process?
>>
> [snip]
> "
>Sounds quite interesting. Please collect your findings (the ones
>mentioned in your email already and stuff you discover in the future)
at
>a wiki page somewhere at http://wiki.debian.org/ and advertise on this
>list the address of the reated wiki page.

[snip]
>You may also be interested in using yaird for building your initial
>ramdisk, as the tool allows for pretty major customization, relatively
easy.

>Beware, though, that the current releases of yaird has no support for
>the old initrd format used in 2.4.x kernels,

the debian-installer use a 2.2.25 mac kernel for his use
and try to install linux-image-2.6.17-2-mac kernel for the new
system ...

regards,

eugen paiuc

>and also heavily relies on
>sysfs only (officially) included since 2.6.8.

If you are interested in using yaird for building old-style initrd
images, then please say so, and I'll be happy to help recover the
dropped support in yaird for that format (the reason for dropping it was
lacking of actual use cases).

Kind regards,

 - Jonas

Maintainer of yaird (and heavy user of diskless booting!)