On Wed, Jan 31, 2007 at 05:35:27PM +0100, maximilian attems wrote:

> reportbug explicitly adds vital info on the reported bug.
> if you fire it up from the box where it is happening.
>
> i'd wish linux-2.6 would also add a bug script with lspci -vv and
> dmesg output, it's quite annoying to have to reask that every time.

Why don't you write a patch for that? It seems like a reasonable thing
to do.

> also i prefer to be direct and frank, telling someone that i won't
> provide baby-sitting.

Too bad, because, in my opinion, user support, including occasional
"baby-sitting", is what Debian and being a Debian Developer is mostly
about.

> sorting through the linux-2.6 bug maze directly enhances your
> vacation need. i'd also wish more team members were aggressively
> pushing or shutting down the reports.

You are outlining some valid problems we as a kernel team are facing
at the moment, and I'm painfully aware of most of them. Please make no
mistake, I greatly appreciate your work processing the bug reports.
It's just if you are not happy doing it, taking it out on the users
seems to be the worst imaginable way to make any progress.

Best regards,
--
Jurij Smakov                                           [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Key: http://www.wooyd.org/pgpkey/                      KeyID: C99E03CC