On Sat, Feb 10, 2007 at 06:52:30PM +0000, Figaro wrote:
> Please forgive me if this is not the correct forum to post this. I have
> tried debian-user list with zero responses, so I am hoping someone here
> will point me to the correct answers.
> Thank you in advance.
> matthew
> 05:18:debian-user@lists.debian.org
> >Question: How accurate is the mini HOW TO at the below quoted site? It
> >seems not to have been updated for 2.6 series kernels. Is there a
> >better tutorial?
> >http://newbiedoc.sourceforge.net/system/kernel-pkg.html
> >I have the : http://kernel-handbook.alioth.debian.org/
> >Running Debian Unstable > cannot find an off the shelf k7-smp image

The -k7 package should support both uniprocessor and multi-processor
configurations.

> >that won't either lose mouse and keyboard communication or boot.

I don't remember seeing any reports about problems like that. Is your
setup unusual in any way? Are keyboard and mouse USB or PS2? Can you
install SSH on this machine, boot 2.6.18, login from another machine
an see if there is anything interesting in dmesg? Especially valuable
would be a comparison of working 2.6.16 and 2.6.18 dmesg's side by
side.

Beat regards,
--
Jurij Smakov                                           [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Key: http://www.wooyd.org/pgpkey/                      KeyID: C99E03CC