severity 445688 normal
tags 445688 moreinfo
stop

On Mon, Oct 08, 2007 at 06:19:08PM +0100, Beojan Stanislaus wrote:
> By combining the error messages I get and looking at the initramdisk runs,
> I have found the problem is that the scripts call modpobe -Qb, with a capital
> q instead of a small q. Modprobe doesn't recognise this, so doesn't load the
> modules.

can you please tell which boot script does this?

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~/src/initramfs-tools$ egrep modprobe -r scripts/ | egrep Q |
wc -l
0

yes modprobe -Q is an ultra silent ubuntu extension
and has never been submitted upstream.
anyway newer modprobe sets early in init MODPROBE_OPTIONS,
so there shouldn't be the need to specify them anywhere else.

regards

--
maks