Package: libpciaccess,linux-2.6
Severity: important

the pci_device_map_range() function from libpciaccess which is used by
the X drivers to map pci BARs is implemented on linux using sysfs
resourceN files, which the kernel only creates on architectures where
HAVE_PCI_MMAP is defined.  This is not the case for alpha, parisc, mips
and m68k, as far as I can tell.  See pci_create_resource_files() in
linux/drivers/pci/pci-sysfs.c, and the respective include/asm-*/pci.h
headers.

This means that future versions of X (starting with xorg-server 1.5) are
not going to work on these architectures unless this is fixed.  We need
to either get the kernel fixed, or fall back to mmaping /dev/mem in
libpciaccess.

Cheers,
Julien