On Wed, 2009-02-25 at 13:41 +0100, Julien Cristau wrote:
> On Mon, 2009-02-09 at 12:49 +0100, Julien Cristau wrote:
> > On Mon, 2009-02-09 at 01:21 -0800, David Miller wrote:
> > > No, I would have said that if time is tight at least we can use
> > > "fbdev" as the Xorg driver for PCI devices on sparc until we have a
> > > better fix for Xorg.
> >
> > We can probably do that for r1.
>
> OK so here is a tentative patch to fall back to the fbdev driver on
> sparc.  I'd appreciate if people could test it against lenny's
> xorg-server, and/or suggest better ways to do this.

I uploaded this to stable-proposed-updates, sparc binaries should appear
after the next mirror push.  There's still time to tweak things before
the point release, so testing reports from sparc X users to
488...@bugs.debian.org are welcome (whether things work or not).  Make
sure you have xserver-xorg-video-fbdev installed.

Cheers,
Julien