On Wed, Apr 29, 2009 at 10:39:46AM +0200, Bastian Blank wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 08:42:44AM +0100, Jurij Smakov wrote:
> > Please see David Miller's message below, looks like we need to remove
> > the PROM console driver (CONFIG_PROM_CONSOLE) in order to make the
> > performance acceptable on Niagara boxes. It would be great if you
> > could make the newly built kernel with this change available to sparc
> > folks before upload, so that we can make sure that it does not
> > introduce any regressions.
>
> Is this prom console used by other sparc boxes?

I have no idea, that's why I would prefer to ask people to test the kernel
on debian-sparc before uploading. If you are pressed for time during this round,
it's better to postpone it then.
--
Jurij Smakov                                           ju...@wooyd.org
Key: http://www.wooyd.org/pgpkey/                      KeyID: C99E03CC