retitle 526525 amd64 kernel cannot find bnx2 PCI device base address
thanks

also sprach Tony Godshall <t...@of.net> [2009.05.09.0117 +0200]:
> > If you cannot boot, append break=mount to the kernel line, and at
> > the initramfs prompt, type
> >
> >  rm /etc/mdadm/mdadm.conf
> >  /scripts/local-top/mdadm
> >  <ctrl-d>
> >
> > and then fix the initramfs.
>
> I'm not interested in deleting mdadm.conf or taking any other steps
> that might break the existing functionality.

I considered it a necessary step in my analysis, but if you prefer
to do things your way, it's your system. Note that I would have
never proposed anything that made permanent changes without adequate
warning.

> I'm not reporting this bug because I must have an amd64 kernel-
> like I said, the 686 and 686bigmem kernels are working.
> I initiated this bug to help get the amd64 version of the kernel
> (or mdadm?) fixed.  I'm interested in steps that will help fix the
> packages, not manually work around its flaws.

Then please provide all the necessary infos. mdadm works perfectly
fine with amd64 kernels. I think your problem is that the kernel
doesn't initialise the drives you're using properly, so mdadm
doesn't find them when trying to assemble.

You will have to make sure the kernel sees your drives. From what
you've allowed me to see, I can conclude that this is not a RAID
problem.

--
 .''`.   martin f. krafft <madd...@d.o>      Related projects:
: :'  :  proud Debian developer               http://debiansystem.info

fashions have done more harm than revolutions.
                                                        -- victor hugo