On Wed, May 20, 2009 at 09:04:38AM -0700, Tony Godshall wrote:
> Reboot with USB stick plugged in: now I get a long pause immediately
> after "md: raid1 personality registered for level 1"
>
> I look in dmesg for a usb-storage device: nothing.  I look for
> /dev/sd[a-z]*: nothing
>
> So I can't mount the memory stick to capture dmesg output and I cant
> put it to the hard drive.

For the record, I'm seeing exactly the same thing too here. I'm booting off
a pendrive with the debian installer on it so the pen-drive is clearly
being recognised. I can mount it if the system is running i386. I'm also
unable to get the network working (bnx2 not being loaded but is loaded
under i386) and the disk controller doesn't seem to be working properly.

Given that neither the NIC, USB storage or Disk controller are working
properly but do under i386, could this be a deeper issue with the Kernel
incorrectly loading modules or something?

Can I also request that the subject of this bug be corrected to something
more accurate please?

Andrew

--
Systems Developer

e: andrew.nic...@luns.net.uk
im: a.nic...@jabber.lancs.ac.uk
t: +44 (0)1524 5 10147

Lancaster University Network Services is a limited company registered in
England and Wales. Registered number: 4311892. Registered office:
University House, Lancaster University, Lancaster, LA1 4YW