> Debian doesn't patch this drivers, so if it works in other distributions
> this is not a kernel bug.

Yes - i also could not understand this.
The analog.ko is very old and there would be no need to change it.

On the other hand i did found a forum entry with a tip that the analog module
have
to be patched, because something is wrong.
Sorry but i have lost the link and the content.

So has this kernel-module been changed in the past?

At least i also can't believe that the kernel-module is the problem, and so i
investigated in the problem of the kernel-message registering
"/class/input/input1"
instead of "/dev/input/js0".
I assumed that must have to do with udev, which seems to be responsible for
that ?
But the maintainer of udev says that everything is fine and there can't be a
problem.
(See bug 518815)

I don't understand the interaction of udev and the kernel and so i need help to
understand the mechanism of inserting kernel-modules.

We need help, because there are many users outside, that still wants to use this
good old analog gameport for gaming or simple as input for external signals.

Can you please give some advice for further analysis?

Regards Karsten