On Wed, Aug 05, 2009 at 05:24:00PM +0100, Steve McIntyre wrote:
>On Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 02:56:49PM +0200, Bastian Blank wrote:
>>On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 09:54:08AM +0100, Steve McIntyre wrote:
>>> In the kernel BoF from DebConf, people generally agreed that it would
>>> be a good plan to organise a real-life meeting. I'm more than happy to
>>> spend Debian funds to make that happen, if needed.
>>
>>Please make your participation clear to the "announcement" for the
>>release plan change. This was not in any way communicated before with
>>the directly affected and the infrastructure teams (security, d-i, kde,
>>gnome and kernel) or the developers at all. If it is not necessary to
>>discuss changes, then a RL meeting is wrongly used time.
>
>I knew of discussions going on with the Ubuntu folks about the
>possibility of freezing together, but the exact timing for the freeze
>that was chosen was a surprise to me as well as you. Then again, that
>decision is being revisited and I'm hoping that the kernel team will
>be helping the release team in new discussions to re-plan.
>
>That sounds like a good thing to go on the agenda for a RL meeting, in
>fact...
>
>I've not heard anything from anybody else yet, except Dann. Anybody?

I've had it suggested that a good place for a meetup would be at the
Linux Plumbers Conference [1] in Portland next month. That would also
be a good opportunity to talk with some of the Ubuntu folks too, if
you think that makes sense.

Let me know, please. At the moment I've had almost no responses, which
is a little disappointing.

[1] http://linuxplumbersconf.org/

--
Steve McIntyre, Cambridge, UK.                                st...@einval.com